Making our house our home.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Kitchen

The kitchen is much, much bigger than what's been in any of our apartments. It's bright and sunny, which is also much different than any of our apartments. We have room for a little table:



The back door opens right into the kitchen, and leads to the basement stairs.



The appraiser identified these cabinets as pine, and I am in no position to argue. Eventually I might like to refinish/stain them, so they're not quite so brassy. That's eventually. More in the short term, I'm planning on adding cafe curtains with a valance to this window and the one over the table.



Here's our itty-bitty portable dishwasher. At 18 inches, it fits perfectly in this space. We roll it out to hook it up to the sink or access the cabinets to the left.



One of my favorite things about this kitchen is this built-in cabinet. It holds one layer of cans or bottles or spices, so I can see exactly what I have. Since I've been known to find four-year-old cans of artichoke hearts in my cabinets, seeing what I have is a definite plus.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's what they look like closed:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We're generally fairly clean, but Haley apparently found something good under the stove.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful kitchen. I like your 1 jar thick cabinet. I need something like that myself. A lot of stuff tends to expire before I end up discovering it.